One very normal day back in 2013, three Biomedical Engineers talked about the future. They visualized a future where every person has access to medical technology and medical products that can improve their health. They imagined being able to transform ideas into innovative and successful products using both their passion for health and skills in engineering and design. So they decided to start a Medical Device Development Firm, yes, in the garage.Since then normal days became not so normal.
Challenges arised, entrepreneurship life was difficult. But one thing they knew for sure is that, no matter how hard it gets, they all had something in common that kept them moving, and that is call a purpose.
Fueled by their motivation to overcome the challenges, and with the support of many people that shared their vision, Bioana soon became what it is today (not in the garage anymore).
In the next three years Bioana developed 10 new medical devices, got 2 patents granted and 6 patents pending, and achieved FDA approval for one of the products.
• The first stent in Mexico that, because of its cost and technology, can save 10 more lives per each live that is saved today.
• A cervical cancer self-pap for women in marginalized communities, without them having to travel to a clinic.
• A urine sample collector device for the elderly that reduces costs and time in laboratories, without sacrificing patient’s comfort.
• An orthopedic device that reduces surgery time from 1 hour to 15 minutes.
• A low-cost endotraqueal tube holder for pediatrics, that is able to maintain respiration without causing skin irritation.
• A skin cell pneumatic delivery device to treat skin burns for an incredibly rapid recovery.
• Alongside many other innovative projects.
In that same year, Bioana and its founders received the National Entrepreneur Award 2017, which is the highest recognition granted by the nation to companies that have great impact in our country.
Today, Bioana is still working with passion, creativity and determination to provide the best solutions to health problems through simple design and clever engineering, because people deserve a better quality of life.